DIY Paper Crafts Anyone Can Make
Paper crafts are fun art projects you can make from folding and cutting different types of paper. Most paper craft projects are simple to understand, so they are great for kids and adults who want to tap into their creative side. Check out some of these easy paper craft projects and try them at home.
Paper Dogwood Flowers
- Cardstock in white and green
- Dogwood petal template
- Green ink
- Starburst stamp
- Clear craft glue
- Cut cardstock into 5-inch squares. Fold a square in half, then fold in half again. Open the square, and crease diagonally, reversing direction of fold; repeat to make another diagonal crease.
- Fold square back up along original creases. Trace petal template onto square.
- Cut out along open edges. Snip off a tiny bit of pointed tip; unfold flower.
- With an unused pencil eraser and green ink, stamp small marks at indents on each petal.
- Use a starburst-style stamp to mark center. Cut out leaves from green card stock. Secure flowers and leaves to branches with clear craft glue.
Cardboard Tube Town
- Cardboard tubes
- Marker or pencil
- Scrapbook paper
- Colored paper
- Tacky glue
- Glue stick
- Paint the tubes with your color of choice and let them dry.
- Make two angled cuts into one end of each tube to form a point. Fold a 3 by 3 1/2-inch piece of scrapbook paper in half, then set it on the pointed end as a roof. Use tacky glue to secure it.
- Make two cuts to create a rectangular door. Glue on a bead for a doorknob.
- Draw windows onto colored paper with a market or pencil. Cut them out, and attach them to the cottage using a glue stick.
- For a chimney, fold a strip of paper into a four-sided, open-ended box, and glue it to the roof.
- Repeat until you make as many houses as you wish.
Mosaic Paper Shamrocks
- Green poster board or heavy cardstock
- Paper (plain and patterned in assorted shades of green)
- Glue stick or glue pen
- Cut the assorted green papers into strips approximately 1/2 inch wide and then cut the strips into squares. Cut shamrock shapes from the green poster board or heavy cardstock.
- Apply the glue to the shamrock, and start placing paper mosaic squares on to the shape. Don’t worry if the squares overlap the edges of your shamrock; they can be trimmed later.
- Allow the paper squares to dry completely before trimming off any overhanging edges.
Egg Carton Bees
- Egg carton
- Yellow paint and paintbrush
- Googly eyes
- Black yarn
- White construction paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Cut your egg carton into sections. You’ll need one section per bee.
- Paint your egg carton section with yellow paint and let dry. (If your egg carton is dark, you can paint it white first and let it dry, then paint yellow over the white.)
- Make a small snip in the bottom, front edge of your painted egg carton. Slip one end of a piece of black yarn into the slit.
- Wrap the black yarn around your yellow bee body. Make another small slit on the opposite, back end of your bee body. Slip the end of your yarn into the slit to hold it in place. Cut off any extra yarn.
- Glue some googly eyes onto your bee’s face. Draw a mouth using a black marker.
- Cut out some small wings from your white construction paper and glue on top of your bee.
Looking to show off more of your creative side? Check out the kind of art that can be made using the Pentel Sign Pen Brush.