Easy Recipes for Busy Nights
Ever find that there aren’t enough hours in a day? Your spouse might get home from work late, and your children are busy with sports practices and other after school activities. Ever wish you could sit down together as a family for a meal even on the busiest of nights? Take a look at some of our easy meals that could help your dreams become a reality.
Black Bean, Corn & Turkey Chili
Time Required: 55 minutes (15 minutes prep, 40 minutes to cook)
Chili is a great way to fill up your family quickly. This one packs plenty of protein.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ¾ cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- Heat oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook until turkey is browned. Stir often to separate meat.
- Add the stock, salsa, sugar, beans, and corn. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until mixture is bubbling or 30 more minutes.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Time Required: 45 minutes (15 minutes prep, 30 minutes to cook)
All you need is a few basic ingredients and an oven to create this delicious chicken dish. Perfect for a hearty mid-week meal. You could even make this ahead of time and re-heat it over low heat in a pan for 10-15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch-baking dish.
- Blend your olive oil and garlic in a bowl.
- Grab another bowl to mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Dip chicken breasts in oil mixture, then breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared baking dish, top with remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in a preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Balsamic Steak & Berry Salad
Time Required: 25 minutes (10 minutes prep, 15 minutes to cook)
For a healthy meal that’s quick to make, try this salad. It has arugula and three different fruits. To save even more time, you can purchase your dressing ahead of time.
- 4 steaks of your choice (beef sirloin works well)
- Steak seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Start heating oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil shimmers, add steak to pan. Cook on one side for five minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer steak and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Start gathering salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and begin to shake your salad.
- Cut the steak into strips.
- Divide salad into bowls and add steak.
Whole Grain Spaghetti with Kale & Tomatoes
Time Required: 30 minutes (15 minutes prep, 15 minutes to cook)
Looking for a unique pasta recipe? This one is a touch healthier than the one you might make, with superfoods like kale and almonds included.
- 6 oz. of whole-grain spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- salt and black pepper
- 8 cups of kale, torn into bite size pieces with stems removed
- 2 pints of halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted almonds
- ¼ cup of grated pecorino
- Add pasta into water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook and stir occasionally until it begins to brown.
- Add kale and toss frequently, until tender (about two to three minutes).
- Add tomatoes and cook until they soften (about one to two minutes).
- See if your pasta is done yet. When you’re ready to release water, leave ¼ cup left over.
- Combine other ingredients into pot and toss to combine.
Recipes Inspired by:
Sponsored By: Avery